Sunday, October 15, 2006

Halloween

I gotta admit, I enjoy halloween. I was never hugely into the candy or anything, but I like coming up with fun costumes, or at least ideas. Last year I thought about going as Hurricane Katrina, and gluing a bunch of farm animals and trees and stuff to an outfit, but decided that was in bad taste. So at the last minute I was looking for costumes, and boy did that suck.

See, the problem is that most commercial halloween costumes are slutty. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy flirting and showing off my bod, and my favorite costume as a single girl was a kissing booth. But going to a party hosted by a coworker, outdoors in October, I don't feel like having my ass hang out. For example:


The infamous Dirty Martini. Please note that the model is NOT plus size, though it is a plus size costume. So I have no way of knowing what it will actually look like on me. Yeah, I've got the cleavage to pull it off, but the skirt is a bit much -- or not. Urgh.


This is pretty much what I went through trying to find a costume this year. I finally found one that has some cleavage, but actually goes full length, so my ass won't freeze. It also drapes nicely, to hopefully hide what I want hidden.



I tried to get KarateMonkey to go as Plug and Socket with me, but he refused. He says he goes as a "responsible adult" every Halloween, and that's as good as it's going to get.

3 comments:

J. Goff said...

I'm going as Boudica, as is bluemeanie, this Samhain, at the suggestion of a very excellent txrad (konagod's partner). I'm even dying my hair red...though the meanie of blue doesn't have to, the scoundrel. 8^D

Marked Hoosier said...

I am going as a homicidal maniac, they look just like everyone else.

Ok, I stole that from Adams Family. :)

RedSonja said...

I finally decided to go with a Greek goddess type thing. Less revealing than a toga, which will be good for outside in October...

JackGoff, you guys will be awesome, I bet!! Be sure to post pics. As far as hair dye goes, I recommend asking a hairstylist for their advice. Otherwise, you are liable to end up a red head long term....