Sunday, October 01, 2006

Movies

So I just finished watching Swimming Pool, and was quite disappointed -- bummed, even. After the previews.... Well. Let me start at the beginning.

I love thrillers, movies that twist and turn. Things that creep me out, supernatural or not. So imagine my delight to see this awesome trailer about a writer who goes to her publisher's house in France to take a sabbatical, and meets his rather kooky daughter... Much psychosis is implied, and there's eerie music all over the place. Yay!!

So, I queue it up on Netflix. (Thank god for Netflix, because hubby would NEVER have watched this!) I finally was in the mood for a good scare tonight, so I snuggled up on the couch, stoned on cold medicine and cuddled with a cat.

SPOILER!!!!!






Sadly, there is nothing creepy about Swimming Pool. It's probably not a bad movie, though not my cup of tea. Hubby liked it because there is ample boobage. There was some unsightly European underwear at the breakfast table. And there was much character development, which was good. But NO scary!!!!!! Except maybe the underwear.

I have nothing against non-scary movies. And like I said, I'm pretty sure it's good. It probably even won some awards or something. But then, dammit, don't make a trailer like Hitchcock!!!

1 comment:

Aaronorfz said...

It really is properly appropriate available for you. Look for discussion boards and also engage in comment posts. The medicine prepared from hoodia will suppress your appetite. Dieting and the Hoodia Gordonii Pill It simply and safely fools the body into thinking that it's already had a lot of glucose and thus shuts off hunger signals.