Monday, September 25, 2006

Donuts

Or, how the GOP screwed Medicare recipients. Right about now, the elderly are beginning to realize that Medicare only covers so much before they have to pay thousands of dollars out of pocket.

What's really sad, is that this isn't a surprise, any more than the levees in New Orleans were. But the MSM didn't cover it, and the Republicans didn't care, and who the hell was going to read through that much legislative gobbledygook on their own???

When I was a kid, I was taught to trust those in authority. Police officers, teachers, pastors, Girl Scout leaders, the whole nine yards. If I were less cynical, less skeptical, less privileged (in that I can afford to spend the leisure time to be informed), I would be stunned too. I find this depressing beyond words.

I fucking hate these people.

No comments: