Sunday, September 24, 2006

Politics - an overview

Being an opinionated wench, politics has always been fascinating to me. I love to share my ideas, as well as hearing those belonging to others. However, I'm too much of an idealist to be a good politician. I tend to think that things should be "right" or even "fair". You can see the problem.

So, needless to say, the Bush Administration is not my favorite group of people. This is a vast understatement. It would be more accurate to say that if they were all abducted by aliens to be confined to a zoo and pointed at and mocked for the rest of their natural lives, I would cheer. Sadly, it is more likely that they will retire rich and continue to influence policy in the nation for many years to come.

I am no longer content to sit and ponder and say "Gee whiz, they suck" anymore. Now, I am enraged. They have hijacked our nation, they have trampled the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, they have lied to the rest of the world as well as Americans, and it is unacceptable. No more. Enough.

I will write my congressmen. I will blog. I will rage. I will protest. I will support Keith Olbermann and his voice in the wilderness. I will educated everyone I can about their rights, and the dangers to them. And I will not back down. No more.

That's it. Red's pissed. I recommend they duck and cover.

No comments: